Sustainable Action Committee (SAC)
The purpose of the Sustainable Action Committee (SAC) is to coordinate efforts between PennDOT, City agencies, non-profit organizations, and the communities to develop better, safer, and well-maintained spaces under and adjacent to I-95. Coordination will become more substantial as the project moves further into Final Design.
Open Space Feedback
- Assist communities in planning for future design needs of some highway-adjacent parcels (fencing, lighting, landscaping, uses, etc.);
- Prepare landscape design for publicly accessible spaces, stormwater management areas, and embarkments; and
- Propose locations for street trees.
- Assist communities in planning for future uses under structures (e.g., parking);
- Solicit input for under-structure and neighborhood-facing wall patterns (“formliners”); and
- Solicit input for potential under-structure aesthetic lighting needs, beyond safety lighting levels.