June 16, 2020 - PennDOT has contracted a landscaping company to maintain the rain gardens along Interstate 95 in Port Richmond and Fishtown. Maintenance operations began Friday, June 12.
The contractor will maintain the gardens in the following sequence:
- Northbound I-95 from Frankford Avenue to Shackamaxson Street
- Southbound I-95 from Shackamaxon Street to Marlborough Street
- Southbound I-95 from Marlborough Street to Columbia Avenue
- Southbound I-95 along Salmon Street
- Richmond Street between Shackamaxson Street and Columbia Avenue
- The parking lot along Delaware Avenue between Columbia Street and Palmer Street