June 27, 2020 – Eastbound Girard Avenue, southbound Aramingo Avenue, and Somerset Street will be closed for construction activities in Philadelphia, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The work schedule is:
- Monday, June 29, through Thursday, July 2, from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, eastbound Girard Avenue will be closed between Aramingo Avenue and Richmond Street for overhead catenary wire testing.
- Traffic will be detoured west on Frankford Avenue, then north on Delaware Avenue to Richmond Street.
- Wednesday, July 1, and Thursday, July 2, from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, the southbound Aramingo Avenue spur road will be closed between York Street and Girard Avenue for overhead sign installation.
- Traffic will be detoured south on Delaware Avenue, then north on Frankford Avenue to Girard Avenue.
- Wednesday, July 1, and Thursday, July 2, from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Somerset Street will be closed between Aramingo Avenue and Richmond Street for overhead bridge construction.
- Traffic will be detoured south on Richmond Street, then west on Lehigh Avenue to Aramingo Avenue.
The work is part of the $312 million project currently underway through 2023 to replace the southbound I-95 viaduct between Palmer Street in Fishtown and Ann Street in Port Richmond, reconstruct and improve the southbound on and off-ramps at Girard Avenue, and rebuild the southbound I-95 pavement between Ann Street and Allegheny Avenue.